Sunday, August 23, 2009

"The Importance of Creativity" Reaction to Sir ken Robinson

“I completely agree with Sir K. Robinson”
This was my favorite blog for this week. Sir Robinson brings a very good point that everyone has something different that they are very good at. Every student is different, and we should treat creativity with just as much intensity as literacy. He believes that we are growing out of our creativity and therefore are scared to be wrong and cannot come up with anything original.
I also believe creativity is very important, that being diverse should be valued. One of the best points of the presentation was how he spoke of the jobs we were and were not capable of doing steering us away from creativity. I always wanted to be an artist but my parents always told me that they were unsuccessful and that they had hard lives. My parents always pushed me to do something else. The idea that “Academic Inflation” is happening is so true. Education is very important, but most people call their diploma their little piece of paper. The jobs that only required high school diploma are now requiring a Bachelors degree, or that you take classes through the company. Public Schools are directed toward just getting you in to a college but some of the things that children love are not valued in school. I agree that we need to rethink our fundamental principles to really know a student’s full potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment