Sunday, September 13, 2009

"It's not about the technology"

I agree on how the teacher needs to know the technology well in order to teach with or about technology. The resources are all there though, and I will always want to learn more especially if it will help my students or get them interested in learning.Most students go home and the first thing they do is get on their computer, and if classes were not available online then it would take me years to finish school. I can remember when my mom would bring us home games for the computer they were all educational, some taught us how to type and some math etc. But as a nine year old you really do not realize how much you are learning while scoring points. Technology made it fun to do multiplication.


Computers are very common now, they are in libraries, schools, even when filling out an application for the company I work for you have to use a computer. In my EDM 310 class now everything is based on technology, but we have learned so much, and it makes everything so much easier! It is amazing to me what we can do with technology now and scary to watch my 12 year old sister do exactly what I do, but really enjoy it. I do not think it all about technology or that we should depend on it to teach, but if the students we are teaching could learn more or faster with it, then why are we so hesitant to learn something new?

No comments:

Post a Comment