Sunday, November 15, 2009

At the teachers desk

I was not sure what I was going to find on this scavenger hunt on this blog page. I read the first five post, watched the videos and searched through the members and other links that I found.

What I liked most about this website, is that you are getting information from teachers who have had experience with technology in their classrooms, and also the teachers who are new at this and learning just like I am. It felt good to know that all teachers have a support group for trying to keep up with technology or the students for that matter.

I found the video about the PLNs very useful, it really encouraged me to go and try to participate and find more out on Twitter. I know that I may not get to use Facebook or Myspace in a very educational way but I believe a blog and twitter can be very beneficial for upcoming teachers.

I browsed through a few of the members and actually found some sites I could one day use for advice etc. when I have my own classroom. One website I found was 4 Elements of Education, which I plan to follow. I also will be following this blog from now on.

I did not find the first video so much useful as I found interesting, I will be teaching secondary education this fundred project is not really age appropriate. But many teachers can see this video now and the word just spreads that much faster to classrooms.

Another post I enjoyed on this website actually had to do with comments for kids. Throughout this project different people leave the children comments on their class blog where they post their in class projects and random bits of information and fun. He gave tips on how to comment properly on the students blog and how to encourage them in the right directions.

This website can be very helpful to students wanting to learn more about technology in classrooms, and of course teachers. Loved in the video I watched how he gave the example of using twitter to find an answer for something and NASA actually twittered him back.

Here is the video I enjoyed most.

No comments:

Post a Comment