Sunday, November 1, 2009

Why should students post their work on the web?

One is example is the PS 22 Chorus from New York. These students share their work or their song rather using YouTube on the world wide web. By sharing their music, Stevie Nicks saw it, and the chorus had the opportunity to open for Fleetwood Mac in Madison Square Gardens.

When teachers post their students work on a blog it allows the parents, teachers, and other students to not only see what they are learning in class, but they might learn something too. As a future teacher when looking at other classroom blogs i think of how or what I can use for my classroom. By looking at other blogs about teaching I can get an idea of the content to use in mine or ideas for classroom projects.

Another reason that students share their work on the web is to inform. I am in the process of making a presentation about EDM 310 with a group in my class. I am very excited that we are making something that shows what you will be learning, and what we enjoy about our class. Some of the assignments we do in class require us to leave our blog name or email when we comment. I think the link to our presentation would also be useful because I would want to know what exactly EDM 310 is.

Other ways students can share their work online is a wiki space. You can post information just like on a blog, but it allows other students to edit or change the information posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment