Sunday, September 13, 2009

Teachers Who are Technologically Illiterate

He was so bold in all of his statements, I thought this post definitely should have won an award, it was very powerful ( in a since ). I strongly agreed with how Fisch said that communication is important, because I think communication is key. Working in any type of environment whether it be an office or sports team communication is key, it is how we know or learn new things.

I do believe that every teacher has the resources to be more computer savvy or technology literate. We send teachers to in-services all the time to learn new methods for the classroom, and how to better their teaching performances how would this be any different. Also the curriculum changes year to year, we have to update ourselves in math and English etc. or we would still be using the books from the 1800's text books. I strongly agree with number four on his list that "Headteachers and Principals who have staff who are technologically-illiterate should be held to account." I believe that as teachers we should never stop wanting to learn, that is why I want to become a teacher I love the classroom and new things. Principals should encourage their staff to learn as they teach, and that they should provide with the means to do so. This post was amazing and I will hopefully take what I learned from it along with what I am going to learn and take it to my classroom.

I found this awesome website called International Society of Technology in Education or iste. They are dedicated to using technology to the best of our ability for the students. Check their website out it has a lot of helpful information. (Click on the name to go to the website)

No comments:

Post a Comment